Thursday, 8 December 2016

Bits and Bobs #1

READ | Currently reading the last Obernewtyn Chronicles book, The Red Queen by Isobelle Carmody. I started it about a year ago but uni got in the way. I feel both reluctant to finish it and excited to know how it ends. It’s a giant book, but the longer the better because I don’t want it to be over! It’s one of my favourite series ever.

WATCH | I went to see Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them over the weekend with my little sister, it was amazing. A great story, characters, everything. Was so good to be back in a world I love and get to see it in an earlier period. Period fantasy? Perfect.

WRITE | Currently struggling with figuring out a main plot for my novel, but I’m getting there. Writing every day, nothing spectacular but writing is writing.

PLAN | Made a big plan for all I want to do during my summer holidays, I know I won’t get it all done but I’ll try and see how I go. Things on the list include: sewing, catching up on Castle, applying for grants, making holiday videos, crafting decorations for my college room next year, and the list goes on…

SEE/GO | Whist in the city over the weekend, we went to the Mortlock Wing of the State Library. It’s one of the prettiest places I’ve ever been and it’s fascinating to wander the shelves and browse books you’ve never even heard of. Amy helped me take photos for the sidebar and about page while we were there.
 The jacarandas are in full swing at the moment, making Adelaide even more pretty. The purple lined streets are such a delight.

CRAFT | Started sewing the trim on the pillow I made in July, it will be finished one day!

GET | I did a bit of shopping on the weekend, but restrained myself to things I actually need (mostly): exercise gear for sports next year (from Target), a 2017 Kikki K calendar, a pretty little notebook from Darling Paper Co. (mum bought me from the Gathered market) and snacks for the cinema (essential!).

ETC. | Christmas is almost here!! So excited to get the tree up.
 I’ve been doing lots of organising and cleaning since I’ve been home, hoping to go through my childhood toys while I’m here, which will be challenging for me as I’m super sentimental.

1 comment

  1. Your new blog looks awesome & I love the photos in the library.

    ReplyDelete

On Instagram

© Kathryn Explains It All. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs. Book image within header by James Simons.