Saturday, 25 February 2017

Craft | summer holidays edition

This summer holidays I managed to successfully mix things I “had” to do in order to be organised and ready for uni and fun things that I hadn’t had a chance to do because of uni, and that meant making some serious time for crafting. I started a number of projects and even finished some! This year I hope to do a lot more making.

 

Skirt

Sewing is something I love to do, even though it’s so hard. I was determined to get something sewn during the holidays. With my Mum’s help, I made up this skirt in time to celebrate Christmas on Boxing Day with my Babcia.

I love the fabric because it looks very Polish to me. I’m planning a simple shirt out of the leftovers.

Pompom Garland // Pillow 

To help brighten up my college room, I spent many-a-nights making pompoms to turn into a garland for the wall (they are attached to a crocheted rope Mum made) and it turned out so cute.
And this little pillow was something I had made during the winter holidays, all it needed was to add some cool trimming. Something about the colours of this trim reminds me of my childhood. I love it.

Works in Progress 

I started a couple of other projects that I didn’t quite managed to finish before I had to actually start packing.
This simple floral shirt is something I’d half sewn at some time or another. I tried to get it done but it still needs a hem, sleeves and some buttons.
And then, inspired by this Oh Joy tutorial that actually features the exact throw I have, I started to decorate my bed throw with some fun colour.

Also, not pictured, I finally started my Messy Book by completing three pages (a 2016 overview and the title page). It’s really so much fun and much easier than traditional scrapbooking.

1 comment

On Instagram

© Kathryn Explains It All. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs. Book image within header by James Simons.